Ulica Gazowa 21, Kazimierz district, 31-060 Krakow
Phone: +48/ 501 35 06 65 (mobile)
Email: Send Email
Web: Visit this link
(Tram 3, 6, 8, 10, 40, stop Plac Wolnica)
Gay. Dance Club, Bar, Darkroom/Backroom/ Garden
Cocon Music Club is located in the old jewish quarter Kazimierz, right on the bank of the Vistula river. It has 2 dancefloors, 3 bars, several chill out rooms, darkroom, summer garden, terrace with view on the river. It ist one of the most popular gay discos in Poland. The Saturday Cocon Party is a legend, it is a must for every visitor in Cravow.
Thursdays Karaoke 9 pm til 3 am, Fridays (Oldies) 9 pm til 4 am, Saturdays (disco) 9pm til open end. Sundays til Wednesdays closed.
$: Thursdays and Fridays free entrance; Saturdatys 10 PLN entrance fee.
Have you visited this location? If so, tell us about it. Click here and let us know.
Mark visited in November 2005: Saturday night, excellent atmosphere, great crowd. Only problem we had was with the cloakroom who would not take our coats at first, said they were full - but then they would still take polish customers coats. A friend who spoke polish, spoke to them and persuaded them to take coats.
- Joseph wrote in January 2009: We wanted to get in the club at New Year`s Eve, which is in a dogdy and scary area of the city (where ur body would very much likely not to be found for days should u get murdered). At the entrance an unfriendly security seemed to be ignoring us and when asking him whether its possible to go in he just kept repeating 'I don`t think so' and wasn't really willing to say anything else in English. A group of guests leaving the place said a prior reservation was need, but u couldn`t find any note about it on the website. They added that as not many ppl were in there it could be much possible that we could be let inside, but we just didn't want to force any further conversation with security. So thanks a lot Cocon! We had a great time indeed!
- Karlo wrote in January 2009: This club is modern but the staff on the door and cloakroom are bad, they are rude and unhelpfull. The music is good and Djs are super. The local people are not friendly and lots of the men in this club are aggressive. The dark room is very dirty and if you visit in there the men attack you if you say no to them. Only visit if you are with friends. This city makes a lot of money out of tourists as does my home Prague, but the difference is in Prague and as czech we are friendly people. Come on you polski treat people who visit your country better ok?
- Jose wrote in August 2009: I was there Friday night. Free entrance. The doorman was very friendly. Mostly young people. Popular music. Not darkroom. A disco to dance and not much more. I you are looking for sex, you'd better go to Ciemnia Club.
- Brad wrote in November 2010: Very good crowd. Great mucis and fun venue. From 11pm to 5am ish, maybe later. I went home.
- Valery wrote in June 2011: Friday June 26th & Saturday June 27th of 2011. Medium size disco with a coat room, a bar, a relaxing inner court, decent toilts ;-) & a small dark room. Cocon is by far the best gay venue of Krakow as it's an all-in-one package. Pop is young (young adults) to very young (teens) so watch out if this is not your crowd. Besides, the ambiance is very cool and unaggressive (a good mirror image of the general feeling I got from Krakow), If I get to come back to K, I'll def go there again.